Followers

Pinterest

Thursday, April 12, 2012

2 Days Time

Death Toll Rises to 9


2 Days Time
We have caught another of God's creatures.  As I said earlier, I had heard the scritch scratch of vermin in our attic walls several nights ago.  We decided to put out the traps to see if anything was partaking of our food stores.  Yesterday, nothing.  The traps were left unmolested.  This morning I went into the pantry and one trap was untouched.  However, the other trap was upside down.  All I could see was the legs and tail of a mouse sticking out from under the end of the trap. Apparently it takes two days time for the mice to get wind of the bait set out for them.  This is becoming a pattern for our extermination efforts.  I guess that is good since that probably means less mice are trying to invade our pantry.  


Whenever we catch another mouse I have the strong urge to sing, "Another one bites the dust, Another one bites the dust (I also provide the music in between the two phases)."  I wonder if Freddy Mercury would appreciate his legacy being attached to a dead mouse.  Alas, my teeth are far to straight to pull off that imitation. 


One very nice thing I have noticed recently is we aren't seeing mouse poop.  I think that means we may have cut the overall numbers of mice living in our walls down a bit. Geoffrey loves to point out that I will never achieve a mice-free existence but if I can reduce the number sneaking about in my pantry and kitchen, I will be very happy.  I understand that all creatures have their place in the grand scheme but mice are in no way endangered and are not likely to become so.  I will continue to trap those that venture into our home and then let Geoffrey dispose of them.  Such a nice arrangement.



1 comment: