Followers

Pinterest

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dirty Little Secret

Death Toll: 8

Dirty Little Secret
Okay, today I need to confess to a dirty little secret.  As I have stated many times, I am not a fan of dealing with dead bodies.  I have a very patient husband who is responsible for creature funerals and I am very happy this is the case. Because of this, I found myself in a very shameful situation this week.  On Monday night, Geoffrey had set the traps again.  In the morning, the peanut butter was gone but they had not been tripped (darn fast mice).  In our rushing daily activities, we sort of forgot the untripped traps.  Tuesday morning comes around and I am home (love Spring Break!) working around the house.  I go into ground zero (aka pantry) and happen to glance down at the floor.  One of the empty traps has managed to kill a mouse.  Well, Geoffrey was already off to work at this point so I did a completely predictable Eileen move.  I closed the door of the pantry and ignored the dead corpse.  All day that dead mouse was in the pantry waiting for its final exit from our house.  Shameful isn't it?  I just couldn't bring myself to reach down and pick up that trap and dead mouse.  Luckily it only had to stay there for the one day.  Geoffrey came home from work and took care of the carcass.  I know there are literally thousands of women who would have had no problem dealing with emptying that trap but I am not one of them.  So here I sit, shamed and knowing it will probably not change any time soon.  But hey, I am still a great salsa dancer - I choose to focus on that.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, ROTFL and ha ha. Hilarious, Leenie. You are are not the only woman who cannot stand to handle dead mice bodies. I would have done the same thing. Same with other pests. Yuck, ick, eww! Keep dancing though, my dear girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! I think you should always wait for Geoff to do it.

    ReplyDelete